Campus Events / Meetings
Your Response Matters: Survivor Response Training
Department / Organization: SHAPE
Interested to learn how to respond to student disclosures of sexual violence? Sign-up by 12/5 to join 12/19 from 9am-12pm.
The SHAPE Office, in partnership with OIE, is hosting Survivor Response Training. Survivor Response Training offers participants knowledge and skills to appropriately response to student disclosures of sexual violence. Sign-up with the link below, space is limited! If you are interested but cannot attend the Dec training, there is an option on the form to denote interest in future dates.
1. Recognize the unique environment of institutions of higher education
2. Understand social norms and dynamics that influence victimization
3. Challenge popular myths regarding sexual assault and interpersonal violence
4. Understand consent and how power dynamics influence consent
5. Understand some typical perpetrator dynamics
6. Understand some typical survivor dynamics and how trauma and trauma-informed responses affect survivors
7. Learn campus and community resources
8. Learn policies that impact and guide us
9. How to compassionately work with survivors within the framework of mandatory reporting